My Teriyaki Chicken Recipe couldn’t be easier to prepare. And the ingredients of the marinade bring out the best flavor in the chicken.
You may use your favorite cuts (dark or white meat), which is great in our family because we have diehard fans of both. Luca is a leg/thigh man!
This recipe is very healthy for it’s baked instead of stir fried.
The added bonus, is that while the chicken is in the oven, you have free time to prepare vegetables to accompany it or set the table.
White rice is also a great side dish for this teriyaki chicken recipe.
- 1 lb chicken (breasts or about 4 legs and thigh)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (reduced-sodium is ok)
- ¼ cup oil
- 2½ Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (tops included)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (or ½ tsp ground ginger)
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or pressed
- In a measuring cup combine soy sauce, honey, sherry, green onions, ginger and garlic;
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over it;
- Seal bag and turn to coat chicken. Place bag in a shallow baking tray and refrigerate for 4 hours (you may prepare the day before and leave in refrigerator overnight), turning occasionally;
- Discard marinade and place chicken in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven until chicken meat is no longer pink (cut to test). About 45 minutes.
- Even though the preparation time is about 15 minutes, allow at least 4 hours to marinate in the refigerator to enhance the flavor. You may prepare this chicken the day before if you wish.