This Candy Apple Recipe is the perfect treat for a Halloween Party! But candy apples are also great for Thanksgiving, or for the whole autumn season for that matter, when apples are at their best!
It’s sooooooo easy to make, its the perfect family project. I only recommend children be supervised when dipping the apples in the syrup, because the temperature of the sugar when it boils is very high. As an added bonus for the kids, after you dip the apples, roll them in crushed peanuts, mini m&m, mini reeses, gummy bears, etc.
You can increase the amount of apples by proportionately increasing the ingredients without a problem. So if you’re having a party, this recipe is ideal. Make sure you use tart apples for best results. Avoid the mushy variety.
- 8 apples (tart ones work best. Fuji, Granny smith and Golden delicious are my favorite)
- 8 skewers
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ tsp red food coloring
- Wash the apples and remove the stems;
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, water and corn syrup. Stir until sugar dissolves completely (otherwise the sugar will crystalize when it boils);
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, WITHOUT stirring;
- Remove saucepan from heat and add the food coloring;
- Carefully dip each apple into the syrup, making sure it's fully covered;
- After dipping each apple, rest them on wax paper to let it cool.
- For Halloween you can use black or purple food coloring for more fun;
- You can use sesame seeds, colorful sprinkles or colored granulated sugar for decoration;
- Here at home, we like to dress for the part while preparing for Halloween. Take a look at these adorable t-shirts by clicking on this link: 👉 http://bit.ly/2IlGM56 👈 👻
Leave a Reply