Every potluck or dinner party I’m invited, I’m asked to take this banana dessert. It couldn’t be simpler, yet the end result is phenomenal. Add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you’re in heaven!
This recipe can be easily doubled or halved. Just remember that the flour and the sugar should always have the same quantity, so 1 cup flour/1 cup sugar or 2 cups flour/2 cups sugar, etc.
The riper the bananas, the sweeter the dessert will be. Whenever I have bananas that are getting too ripe, I make this dessert. Served piping hot, straight out of the oven or room temperature, it’s absolutely wonderful!
Easiest Banana Dessert Ever Recipe
- 2 lb bananas ripe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Peel the bananas and place them on a greased ovenproof baking dish, covering the whole surface;
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and butter (or margarine) with a fork, until you get a moist coarse crumb;
- pour the crumb over the bananas, covering it all, evenly;
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until crust is formed and top is golden;
- May be served hot or room temperature;
- Goes great with whipped cream, heavy cream or vanilla ice cream.
can i bake in my rice cooker?
I never tried it in the rice cooker. I’m afraid the crust won’t become crispy. Other than that, I think it could work. Let me know how it works out. 🙂