This Oven Fried Chicken recipe is my youngest daughter’s favorite. It is so easy and simple to make and very healthy.
It’s a great alternative to the deep fried breaded chicken. And it’s really tasty!
You may use chicken breast strips and make chicken fingers using this same recipe.
This oven baked chicken recipe is easily doubled, so you can prepare twice as much and freeze to use on a later date. Freeze before or after baking. I strongly recommend you use real mayonnaise for best results.
- 1 lb. Whole chicken legs (drumstick and thighs attached) deboned OR 1 lb. Chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees;
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish;
- In a pie dish mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and garlic;
- In another bowl, mix the mayo and parsley;
- Coat the chicken with the mayo mixture first and then the bread crumbs;
- Place the chicken in the greased baking dish;
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and the chicken juices run clear;