How often do we crave a delicious dessert, but pass because we’re watching our figure or our diet? Or we have guests over for dinner and want to end a delightful meal with something amazing, but at the same time healthy and refreshing?
Well, look no further for the perfect guiltless, delicious dessert!
Fat and cholesterol seem to become a recurring topic. People are slowly realizing they need to reduce their total fat intake to obtain good health. However, it’s important to remember that you cannot eliminate all fat from your diet. Your fat intake should be no higher than 30% of your total calories intake.This Guiltless Cheesecake is low-fat and is an example of how to substitute ingredients that are high in fat with their low-fat counterpart without sacrificing the flavor.
Easy Guiltless Cheesecake
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust (9 inch) homemade or store bought
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz low fat sour cream
- 12 oz low fat cream cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch together until smooth;
- Add the sour cream, egg whites, milk and vanilla, mixing until you reach an even consistency;
- Pour mixture into pie crust;
- In a 325° preheated oven, bake until center of cheesecake is set and begins to turn golden (about 45 minutes);
- Turn off oven, but leave cheesecake inside to cool for about two hours;
- Refrigerate for at leats 4 hours or overnight;
- Before serving, top with fresh berries or chopped fruit.
- You may add sugar-free jam to your topping, preferably red berries;
- You can also prepare a homemade coulis (puréed fruit sauce) prepared with no sugar. Serve over the cheesecake or on the side.
Leave a Reply