This I’m sharing is the easiest chicken pot pie recipe ever! It’s one of the best comfort foods, trust me. Unfortunately people tend not to make it because it takes so much time and trouble.
Not anymore. This chicken pot pie recipe is very easy and simple to make, not to mention delicious. No one will think you didn’t slave over the stove when you serve this homemade, wonderful recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups (460 g) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup (230 g) chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (325 g) of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (240 g) Bisquick mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C) degrees;
- Stir together the chicken, thawed vegetables, and soup;
- Place everything in an ungreased pie dish;
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended;
- Pour over the contents in the pie dish;
- Bake about 30 minutes (uncovered) or until crust becomes golden.
- You may reduce the amount of frozen mixed vegetables and add leftover cooked vegetables you might have in the fridge, like broccoli or chopped string beans.
- If you don’t have cooked chicken, you can get one chicken breast , dice the meat and saute’ it with 1/2 a chopped onion and 1 clove of minced garlic. Add 1 Tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup of chicken broth and heat until it thickens. This will help make the filling juicy.
- Out of Bisquick? You may substitute step 4, and use my easy Biscuit Recipe instead.