Why is this the Best Potato Salad Recipe?
Well, it’s my best, because I’ve been experiencing a lot with others, and we all (the family) ended up liking this one the most.
Why? I don’t know, to tell you the truth, but it’s probably because of the touch of vinegar… and you know what?… my whole family loves potatoes and vinegar…
Use your imagination to add your special touch to this recipe and make it even better. If you come up with something wonderful, please share with us in the comments!
- 1 cup Hellmann's real mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 cups cubed, cooked potatoes (5 to 6 medium)
- 1 cup sliced celery (optional)
- ½ cup chopped onion (optional)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Combine the mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar together;
- In a large bowl place the potatoes, celery, onion and eggs;
- Pour dressing over the ingredients of the bowl;
- Stir to coat everything, cover and chill until serving.
- If your family doesn’t like the taste of raw onions, you may sautè them lightly before adding to salad
- You can always add ingredients that your family likes. For example: chopped green olives, chopped parsley or chives, a little bit of capers, chopped fennel, diced cooked carrots, etc.
- Adjust the amount of salt in the recipe if you decide to add salty ingredients like olives or capers
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over this Potato Salad when you serve it is heavenly!