For me, this is the Best Egg Salad Recipe I’ve ever made. And probably the simplest!
If you notice, I indicate the curry powder as optional. The reason is that some people have restrictions regarding curry, but this is precisely the reason why I think this is the best egg salad recipe around!
It’s great when you crave something light and filling at the same time, for lunch, with a green leaf salad, or as a sandwich. My girls like egg salad sandwiches for snack, when they come back from school.
This recipe can be made in advance. Just store it covered in the fridge.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp curry powder (optional)
- ½ cup chopped chives
- Peel and chop the hard-boiled eggs;
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl to make the dressing;
- Gently mix the eggs and the dressing;
- For each serving, spoon 3 Tbsp of egg salad on a toasted slice of bread or on top a green leaf salad.
- My personal favorite: this recipe on sourdough bread with 2 or 3 slices of crisp bacon! Add some lettuce, water cress or arugula leaves, just to make it healthier and guilt free!