An easy lasagna recipe? Yes, sometimes this is all you need!
Lasagna is the kind of dish that is so great because it’s a whole meal by itself.
My recipe is very easy, so there is no excuse for not making it.
I always avoided making lasagna at home, because it looked so complicated. Until I came across this easy lasagna recipe. To tell you the truth, the only part that requires a little work is the assembly. But if you get organized, and have all the ingredients laid out, assembly becomes a breeze.
Even so, more often than not, I double the recipe and freeze one of them for a day I’m in a rush.
- 1 lb. (500 g) Precooked lasagna noodle
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups (480 g) tomato sauce
- ½ lb (250 g) thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 cup (230 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (115 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil, sauté onion and garlic, add meat and let it brown;
- Season with salt and add the tomato sauce (homemade or store bought). Set aside;
- In a greased baking dish, put a little bit of the tomato sauce on the bottom and add the other ingredients in layers;
- One layer of noodle, meat sauce, cooked ham and mozzarella. Repeat the layers and finish with the grated Parmesan;
- Bake in preheated 375 F (200 C) degrees oven for 35 minutes, or until lasagna is bubbly.
- When mounting the lasagna, if you break the noodle in half it will be easier to cut and serve once it’s cooked.
- The meat is optional. If you prefer a vegetarian version, just use a hearty tomato sauce.