This Strawberry Pie Recipe takes me back to when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter.
I was huge, uncomfortable, hungry, but didn’t know exactly what I was craving. That’s when my dear husband Luca walked through the door with the most amazing fresh strawberry pie ever! I don’t think he even got a chance to taste it. I gobbled it all up by myself!
I was able to get the strawberry pie recipe that I am now sharing with you.
I could not have imagined it was so easy to prepare. Now I make it whenever strawberries are in season.
This is also a great suggestion to make on Valentine’s Day. I think there’s no food more romantic than strawberries!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 🙂
- 4 cups firm strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 baked pie crust (store bought, frozen or homemade)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems (save a few perfect berries with the stems for decoration);
- Set aside 3 cups of firm strawberries;
- In a sauce pan, make a glaze by crushing together the remaining cup of strawberries with the sugar, cornstarch, salt and butter;
- Cook over low heat until everything is smooth and clear. Set aside;
- Soften the cream cheese and spread it evenly in a thin layer at the bottom of the pie crust;
- Now add the 3 cups of strawberries (quartered if they're big or whole if they're small);
- Pour the thickened glaze over the pie;
- Whip the cream until frothy and top the pie with the whipped cream and the stemmed berries;
- Chill until serving time!
- You can use blueberries to decorate (the red and blue of the berries make a beautiful combination)
- You may drizzle melted chocolate, or dust the top of the pie with confectioner’s sugar
- Toasted pine nuts or thin toasted almond slices are also a great topping over the strawberries