This scrumptious easy carrot cake recipe was given to me by Michelle, my dear friend Chrissy’s daughter.
When I first tasted this cake at their home, I knew I had to have the recipe.
Amazingly moist, not overly sweet, incredible frosting, absolutely delicious.
Chrissy and Michelle prepare so many wonderful dishes. I’ll try to get some more of their recipes to share with you.
Meanwhile enjoy this one, the first of many, an easy carrot cake recipe!
- 1 cup (230 g) flour
- 1 tsp (5 g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 g) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) salt
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) oil
- 1 cup (230 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (120 g) walnuts or brazil nuts, chopped
- 1½ cup grated carrots
- Raisins (optional)
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt together;
- Add wet ingredients, carrots, nuts, raisins, and the baking powder and baking soda last;
- Bake in a preheated 375 F (190 C) degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
8 oz cream cheese (1cup)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth;
Mix in sugar and vanilla. Store in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Spread over carrot cake and serve.