This Cole Slaw Recipe is a huge success in every party, barbecue or picnic. Extremely easy to prepare, for I shred the cabbage and the carrots in the food processor. It has the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Plus, it’s light because I don’t use buttermilk as most recipes do.
It’s a joy to see the children, as well as adults, go for seconds and thirds of this delicious cole slaw recipe! It’s great for the summertime, but so good I make it year round.
I’m sure you’ll love it!
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper;
- Stir in the shredded cabbage and carrots. Mix well;
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Add 1/2 cup of seedless raisins to the cole slaw.
- You may also add one shredded apple to the mix.
- Even walnuts are a great addition (about 1/3 cup chopped nuts).
- You may add none, one or any combination of the above suggestions. You’ll have a great salad that has a different twist every time you serve it.