My Sugar Cookie Recipe is very easy to prepare and is absolutely delicious. At my home we always have them in the cookie jar. They are great to accompany a cup of tea, a mug of coffee or hot chocolate.
I usually serve sugar cookies with coffee at the end of a dinner party. This sends my guests home with a smile on their faces. Also, because they are so simple to make, you can prepare this sugar cookie recipe with your kids, as a rainy day project.
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cream sugar and shortening;
- Add eggs and vanilla;
- Add mixed dry ingredients. Blend very thoroughly;
- Chill dough for about an hour;
- Shape into little balls and place on a well greased cookie sheet;
- Press cookies down with the bottom of a glass tumbler which has been greased and dipped in granulated sugar;
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees F.
This Sugar Cookie Recipe is so easy to prepare, that it can become a great Halloween project with your kids!
The kids can even help prepare the dough. I strongly recommend you double or triple the recipe. Great for a Halloween party or even to give out as treat.
Instead of rolling the dough into balls, you can open it on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin. Use an assortment of Halloween theme cookie cutters to coordinate with the party. Then, dip them in black, orange and purple granulated sugar, or use melted chocolate or icing to decorate them.
Let the fun begin!