A good Chicken Fajita Recipe is a life saver when you need to prepare a meal in a hurry. All the ingredients are already in our pantry and refrigerator.
You will dirty one skillet and that’s about it. And if you roll the fajitas properly, you won’t even have to use silverware.
This is a great dish to serve when you have your kids’ friends over, or for your husband’s poker or bridge night. Try it and you can thank me later. 😉
I noticed there’s an overall fascination for Mexican food. As a rule of thumb, it’s also very healthy. Great, because it’s usually very easy to prepare as well. Really cool!
- ½ lb chicken breast filets, cut into bite size strips
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion cut into rings
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into bite size strips (you may use yellow or green peppers if you prefer)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup sour cream (you may substitute for low fat yogurt)
- Thinly sliced green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees;
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add a few drops of olive oil and stir-fry the onions and garlic for a couple of minutes;
- Add the peppers and continue to stir-fry until they are tender, but still crisp. Remove vegetables from skillet;
- Using aluminum foil, wrap the tortillas and place them in the oven for 10 minutes to warm them through;
- Return skillet to heat, add the 1Tbsp of olive oil and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes or until it's no longer pink;
- Return vegetables to skillet, add the salsa and heat everything through;
- Serve over the warm tortillas. Top each one with the lettuce, a dollop of sour cream and green onions. Roll it up and bon appetit!
- Seeded tomatoes are a great addition to this dish. Cut them in strips and sautè with the peppers or add them raw at the end.
- Add a side of Guacamole for the perfect meal!
- I love Chicken Fajitas with shredded cheese. Try it!
- You may substitute the chicken for beef strips.
Leave a Reply