This Shrimp Scampi Recipe is my all time favorite, being shrimp my favorite dish. So simple and easy to prepare, it’s amazing I don’t make it every day.
My Italian husband is not very fond of the name, since “scampi” means “shrimp” in his native language. Therefore he calls it “Shrimp Shrimp” recipe as a joke. 🙂
To make things even easier, I buy the peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, and run it under water to just start the thawing process.
After I take the shrimp out of the skillet, I use the delicious drippings that remain stuck and deglaze the skillet using either cooked pasta or rice, to serve with the scampi.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped or minced garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1½ cups good white wine
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ cup room tempeature butter
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high and add olive oil.
- Add shrimp and saute quickly until it becomestender and no longer translucent. Careful not to overcook or shrimp will become "rubbery". Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Stir constantly so it won't brown and become bitter.
- Add the white wine and the lemon juice.
- Let wine and lemon juice reduce to about half, and add the Italian seasoning.
- Turn heat to low, and add butter.
- Return the shrimp into sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped parsley.
Leave a Reply