This Easy Guacamole Recipe is a delicious avocado based dip, originated in Mexico.
It was traditionally made with a mortar and pestle.
My easy Guacamole recipe uses a fork. 🙂
I also follow the original Mexican recipe and use lime juice.
But lemon juice is fine if you can’t find lime in your supermarket.
Guacamole is great as an appetizer, served with tortilla chips, or as a side dish with fajitas.
Easy Guacamole Recipe
Author: Marjorie Marina
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) finely chopped onions
- 1 medium seeded and diced ripe tomato
- ½ tsp (5 g) salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- A dash of cumin and cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half and discard the seeds;
- Scoop the pulp with a spoon and place in a bowl. Mash it with a fork;
- Add the lime juice, the onion, salt and olive oil, (and cumin and cayenne pepper if using) ;
- Stir everything with the fork;
- Cover with plastic film and store in refrigerator until time to serve.
- For spicy guacamole, finely chop a red chili pepper (leave the seeds for fiery hot or remove the seed for mild ) and sprinkle over the dip.
- A minced clove of garlic is also a great addition.
- Serve with tortilla chips or try it with toasted pita bread (cut the pita bread in wedges and toast it in the oven).
- Chopped cilantro can be added if you like.
I really want to save or keep your recipes how do I do that ?
Judy, each recipe has a “print” button. You may print it or save in a folder in your computer. Thanks for following us!