This Pressure Cooker Risotto recipe couldn’t be easier or quicker to make. Pressure cooker is great solution when you are pressed for time.
A regular risotto takes about 20 to 30 minutes to make, with constant stirring.
With this pressure cooker risotto recipe, all you have to do is basically mix all the ingredients, close the lid, wait 5 minutes… and it’s ready!
Here I have a risotto recipe that is made with ingredients we usually have in the fridge.
So if you had an extremely busy day and still have to whip something up for dinner, you will be able to prepare this risotto in a jiffy.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 bacon rashes cut in tiny strips
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- ½ lb. diced chicken
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 2 cups rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 cup diced cheese (mozzarella, jack, etc)
- 2 Tbsp diced ice cold butter
- Grated Parmesan
- Fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker over medium heat, add olive oil and fry the bacon, chicken, onion and garlic. (The optional chili pepper would be added now);
- Add rice, sauté well and add the wine;
- When rice absorbs all the wine, add the broth and close lid;
- When the cooker reaches pressure (starts sizzling), count 5 minutes and turn off heat;
- Allow pressure to drop on it's own;
- Open cooker and stir in diced cheese and butter. Mix well and correct salt if necessary;
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley, serve immediately.
- You may add mushrooms if you wish, it’s bsolutely wonderful!
- Any vegetables you might want to add are fine. A can of drained corn, frozen broccoli florettes, frozen peas, diced peppers, chopped leftover veggies you might have in the fridge, etc.
- You may use other meats for this risotto, just make sure they are cut into bite size pieces.
- Remember to serveimmediately while it’s moist and creamy!