This French toast recipe is a weekend favorite at our home.
However, it is so easy and quick to make that it won’t disrupt your morning schedule if you decide to make it on a weekday. Maybe to reward a child who did well in school or a husband in need of some pampering. 🙂
It’s so simple, even my children were able to prepare it on their own.
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 g) ground cinnamon
- Sliced bread (8 slices - white, whole wheat, etc)
- In a pie dish, beat the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon;
- In a frying pan, over low heat, add a teaspoon of butter;
- Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture and coat both sides. Don't leave the bread on the mixture too long or it will get soggy;
- Immediately place the coated slice of bread in the frying pan and brown both sides. The bread should be golden brown on the outside but still soft on the inside;
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, fruit preserve or fresh berries.
- For a lighter version of this French toast recipe, you may substitute the sugar for 2 or 3 packets of Splenda, use skim milk and only 2 eggs, without compromising the flavor.
- Try this recipe using different types of bread, like sourdough, French or Italian bread, cinnamon loaf or even sliced corn bread. Be creative!