While testing the best crab cake recipe I could possibly find, something came to mind. I always thought “Here’s a dish I’ll never prepare at home. It must be extremely difficult.”
Well, guess what. I found this wonderfully easy crab cake recipe! So simple to prepare, absolutely delicious and very elegant to serve.
My secret? Simple ingredients and I broil them in the oven, all at the same time.
This recipe is light because there is no frying involved (therefore less cleaning) and I use low-fat yogurt and low-fat mayo. Trust me, the taste is all there.
Best crab cake recipe? Quite possibly!!
- 1 lb crabmeat, cartilage removed, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (or yellow mustard)
- 2 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onions
- ¼ tsp paprika (or red cayenne pepper)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat the egg slightly and add the yogurt, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chopped green onions, paprika, and the ground pepper. Mix everything well;
- Add in the crabmeat and the crushed saltine crackers. Fold everything gently;
- Separate the mixture into five equal portions and shape them into patties;
- Place the patties in a baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick coating;
- Broil about 5 inches from heat for 15 minutes or until golden (there is no need to flip the crab cakes over);
- If you don't have a broiler, place the crab cakes in a preheated 450 degree oven, until they turn light brown.
- Serve over a bed of mixed salad green, with a lemon wedge and/or tartar sauce.